Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vlog 5 of 11 - Trip to Trier and Bastille Day



This is the fifth video in the series about student life during Regent Law's summer 2013 study abroad program in Strasbourg, France. In this video, I take a day trip to Trier, Germany, to tour the ancient Roman ruins and then enjoy Bastille Day in Strasbourg.

I spent Saturday on a day trip to Trier, Germany, via Luxembourg. Trier is famous for its Roman ruins and is one of the oldest cities in Europe. I thought it was amazing that I could climb around on such ancient structures as the Amphitheater and that there were no ropes or "Do Not Touch" signs. Or maybe they were just all in German.

Sunday, July 14th, was Bastille Day, which is the French equivalent to America's 4th of July. I enjoyed exploring the Petite France district of Strasbourg, which looks like something out of a Grimm fairytale.

Then in the evening was the grand firework show. The fireworks were spectacular! The Americans all agreed that only the firework show in Washington, D.C., could rival the show we saw overlooking the lake in Strasbourg. A French friend told me, "Here in France, fireworks are an art form." I would stipulate to that.

Many thanks to everyone who appeared in this video and assisted in its production.

No comments:

Post a Comment